The lockout is over! It’s like a dam burst and the flood gates opened wide. Trades have been crazier than ever, free agents are getting signed and teams are getting a whole new look. Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth on the Patriots, (how does that happen)? Reggie Bush on the Dolphins? And the recently free convict Plaxico Burress signed on the Jets? It’s like the NFL was put into a snow globe, shaken for a couple months and then let out. Side note: shout out to Webster Groves grad, Adrian Clayborn (Tampa Bay Bucs) and Kirkwood grad Mike McNeill (Indianapolis Colts) for getting to the league. It’s fresh, new and exciting. All these teams are benefiting off the new NFL, but where do the Rams lie?
If you’re like me, I’m waiting for the Rams big comeback. But, they really aren’t making a strong case for themselves. In the 2010 draft the Rams picked Sam Bradford, which was finally a step in the right direction. Offense was finally in the heads of the Ram’s organization. I’m sick of getting the mediocre receivers that we keep adding to the team. Steven Jackson was a nice surprise but he can only do so much. Call me greedy, but I’m just used to “The Greatest Show on Earth.” I love cheering for a team that has a fast and fun offense. I mean the last couple of years the Rams offense consist of our kicker putting three points on the board at a time. Touchdowns came far and few between. So, what do the Rams do? Draft Bradford. Get the city interested in the team again. But, Sam the Ram is going to need some weapons.
When the lockout was finally over and the mayhem started, I was so excited for the St. Louis Rams to get in the mix and throw their names in the hat for Reggie Bush, Randy Moss, somebody to put people in the seats. A week goes by, nothing, while other teams are signing up the big timers and making big moves. It’s frustrating to be in St. Louis and not see the Rams make a move. It’s bad enough, us Rams fans, have to watch the football games at the overly-crowded, dark and gloomy Edward Jones Dome, but to watch a slow moving offense in that atmosphere is nothing I really want to be apart of. The least we could do is act like we are trying to get a better offense. Will the Rams win the Super Bowl? Most likely not this year, but let’s start building a team around our golden boy, Bradford. The other teams are making blockbuster moves; what are we doing? C’mon Rams!
No comments:
Post a Comment