Dear ESPN,
I have a bone to pick with you. I’ve felt this way for sometime and now that I have an outlet to voice my opinion, it’s time for me to be heard.
There is such thing as a sports show and not a sports show. For those who don’t know, ESPN (Entertainment & Sports Programming Network) is a franchise that has vastly expanded since its start in 1979. Not only is there an ESPN, but an ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN U, ESPN3, ESPN News and ESPN Classic. The ABC/Disney-owned network has routinely showed baseball, football, hockey, basketball and soccer games as well as covering a wide range of other sporting events. My personal favorite show, which is regularly left on my television screen, SportsCenter, seems to be every man’s “go-to” show. But, you (ESPN) can only go too far. POKER IS NOT A SPORT!
Never again, do I want to turn the channel to ESPN, expecting to see a baseball game and see The World Series of Poker. How many times have you sat down and turned on the T.V. thinking, “Man I can’t wait to see what amazing play guy on poker is about to make!?” It’s not a sport; it’s not remotely entertaining and has no business being shown on ESPN. And while I’m at it, here’s a list I can do without watching on ESPN:
-The World Series of Poker- reasons stated above
-Cheerleading- I’m sorry, just belongs somewhere else
-The Little League World Series- I understand American teams playing on ESPN, but why do we need to watch a game between
-Fishing and Hunting- leave it to FOX Sports and Versus
-Skip Bayless- I don’t think anyone likes him.
-An hour of NFL, MLB, NBA in the offseason- Nothing that important is happening in the offseason, so an hour dedicated to it, isn’t necessary.
-Hot Dog Eating Contest- keep it. I actually enjoy that.
There are just some things that don’t belong on ESPN, and I believe I needed to bring this to your attention. Let’s stick to what you’re best at; bringing me the latest in the sports world and showing me the best highlights from sporting events. Let Stuart Scott give me crazy sayings and keep the arguments between Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser coming. But, drop the non-related sports programs. Though, I’d still much rather watch that than Teen Mom or Basketball Wives.
Yours truly,
The good people at Up and Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment