Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winners and Losers at the BCS National Championship


The BCS National Championship football game took place this past Monday night and it was so boring. I’m just as big of a football fan as the next guy, but c’mon, Alabama could have put their second team in and coasted to a win over Notre Dame. I give props to Notre Dame turning their program around and returning to the Championship, but Alabama made the Irish look like a high school program, and showed the world what SEC football was about.  Instead of breaking down the game, I've decided to break down who the real winners and losers of the night.

Winner: The Alabama offensive line- These brutes tossed around Notre Dame’s front line like rag dolls  It was like watching heavyweight sumo wrestlers throw a lightweight into the crowd.  These guys showed everyone on national television that they deserve to block in the NFL.  I wouldn't cross them in a cafeteria.

Loser: Manti Te’o – This All-American linebacker once Heisman hopeful was exposed in the game in front of millions.  Missed tackles, getting trucked by Bama running backs and zero red zone defensive stops really dropped Te’o’s NFL draft stock.  He’ll have to earn it like the other guys now and compete in the NFL combines. Just goes to show, how much bigger, faster and stronger those Alabama players really were.

Winner: A.J. McCarron- Not because he won the BCS Bowl so much, but more because he might have one of the hottest girlfriends in football.  Even Brent Musburger couldn't hold back his comments on how smoking Miss Alabama was.  A.J. may or may not play in the NFL, if he does he will probably be on the sidelines wearing a headset, but it doesn't matter, this man is definitely out kicking his coverage as far as girlfriends.  Good for you A.J. you better hold on tight!

Loser: College Football Fans- This game just went to prove that college football needs a playoff system.  No more blow outs in championship games.  I would love to even see an 8-game playoff just to spice it up.  Playoffs are WAY better than bowl games.  I’ve never really understood why and how these bowl games get picked but they really aren’t holding anyone’s interest.  Install a playoff system or else…

Biggest Winner of the Night: Katherine Webb- Amidst a terribly boring game, the brilliant cameraman for ESPN must have gotten bored and spotted out Katherine Webb, or as we should call her Miss Alabama.  After that one shot of her and A.J. McCarron’s mom, Miss Alabama would never be the same.  With Brent Musburger’s awkward compliments Miss Alabama’s world turned upside down as social media soon had her trending!  Her Twitter account went from about 2,300 followers to 242,000 followers.  Donald Trump, LeBron James and others began following her and tweeting about the beauty. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a reality show or something. Once a small time model, I’m sure we’ll find a way to keep Miss Alabama a celebrity some way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment