Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thank Jerry Jones!! The NFL is Back!


Last night kicked off the beginning of the National Football League regular season with a game between the New York Giants who hosted the Dallas Cowboys and I think I could feel the sports world take a breath of release.  Finally, something for us to look forward to on Sundays; finally a sport other than baseball to talk about; finally, a season where everything will go smoothly.  Wait, they’re using replacement referees? Scratch that, there’s already controversy. 

But, at least the game is back. This year is going to be a little bit different for me as a fan as I joined a Fantasy Football League for the first time.  I drafted, I negotiated, and I’m ready for this season! As if I wasn’t already a fan of football, Fantasy Football is going to make watching the other teams play more enjoyable and I’m excited about it.   I’ll be rooting for guys I normally wouldn’t and defenses I probably shouldn’t and I’m going to win.  Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and many others better step up for me big this year!  Fingers crossed for no injuries.

You should be just as excited as I am.  I’m excited to see how this new breed of rookie quarterbacks will fare against the hard-knocking NFL defenses.  I’m excited to see how Peyton Manning will do coming off a whole missed season in a new city.  I’m excited for the Rams to win a few more games this year.  I’m excited for my boys, Adrian Clayborn and Mike McNeill to have HUGE years!  I’m just excited for the game to be back!  Good luck to all the Fantasy Footballers, the players but more importantly the replacement refs (you’ll need it)!



No comments:

Post a Comment