Thursday, June 28, 2012

This Time of the Year is a Fan’s Nightmare


The NBA Finals are over. LeBron and the Heat finally got their ring! That’s great, now we can stop talking about how he doesn’t have one and move on with our lives. But, there is a major negative with the NBA season ending; what do we watch now?!

This is the slowest part of the year for a sports fan.  And don’t give me that, “Oh well, the baseball season is still on!” This is the slowest time of the year for baseball too! It’s not like its playoffs or there are any clutch games to get excited about.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ll watch the Cardinals destroy any team…for background noise.  But, until playoffs creep closer, it’s hard to get excited for baseball right now.

It’s getting so bad that the WNBA was on ESPN the other night.

College World Series? Please…

Euro-Cup?  That’s cool, play the games while everyone else is working.

What’s boxing?

Occasionally, on Saturday and Sunday I’ll get excited to watch the PGA Tour; when Tiger’s in the hunt.

No NBA, no NFL, no College Football or Basketball.  What are we to do?  This time of the year is when ESPN doesn’t know what to do with themselves.  Watch and see if I’m lying.  Poker, spelling bees, hotdog eating contests and cheerleading competitions will be viewed on the “Worldwide Leader in Sports.”

I guess we’ll have the Olympics approaching.  Although, I don’t know anyone’s name except for Michael Phelps, I guess that’s a start.  So for the next month or two, the only sporting event to look forward to is the London Olympics.  I guess we’ll have to settle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment