Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pre-DMB Caravan


I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for quite awhile now. Last year, my eyes were opened as I experienced the infamous Bonnaroo festival. The crew and I decided we were going to save a little money and experience a new music festival this summer. The Dave Mathews Band Caravan instantly began calling our names.

Chicago will be hosting the DMB Caravan this summer coming up this weekend. This line-up has got everything for every genre of music. The legendary Dave Mathews Band will be performing all three nights of the festival. Bands such as O.A.R., Michael Franti and Spearhead, G. Love and the Special Sauce, and Yonder Mountain String Band are all just a few of the great bands performing this weekend. Kid Cudi will be on stage Saturday night. The Flaming Lips will be performing a tribute to Pink Floyd as well.

Festivals like this seem to attract the hippie crowds in mass amounts. Let me assure you the crew that I’ll be attending the DMB Caravan with, are far from hippies, just major music lovers. Nowadays, there are major music and art festivals such as Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo or Coachella. The DMB Caravan is on its way to being in the same category as these major festivals with fantastic line-ups like this year’s.

DMB Caravan will be held outside along Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago. What a great venue to have concerts. I have a high expectation for this festival. My “Can’t Miss” shows this weekend include Dave Mathews Band, O.A.R., Kid Cudi, The Flaming Lips and The Wailers. Just like any other festival I’m also extremely excited to listen and watch the unknown bands and artists. It’s great to hear up-and-coming performers pour their heart out on stage to try and get recognition and fame.

Needless to say, I am extremely excited for this weekend. Look out for my “Post-DMB Caravan” review following this weekend! If you’re interested in anything about the DMB Caravan here’s the link, http://www.dmbcaravan.com/chicago-lineup/

No comments:

Post a Comment